Tuesday, June 1, 2021 / by Kenneth Brands
Here are 7 reasons why your home listing is not selling:
1. Overconfidence – While many homes are being snapped up on day one, this does not mean you can avoid the basics of good marketing, professional photos, and open houses.
2. Overpriced – In a seller’s market, home prices do advance, but a dramatically overpriced home will still sit unnoticed.
3. Appearance – With low inventory, homebuyers will compromise on some issues, but properties in need of major TLC or extensive deferred maintenance will not hold mass appeal.
4. Title Problems – Title issues are more common than you think. Old judgments or messy probate can take time to resolve and in a fast-paced market, buyers will often just move on.
5. Stinky – Smelly homes simply do not sell. Fortunately, there are professional options that can eliminate most odors.
6. Lazy Agent – The hard truth is that in a seller’s market, some agents just get lazy, assuming the home will sell without much effort. Your agent should still be doing all the right things – open houses, listing pictures, follow-up, and personal showings.
A seller’s market is exciting for homeowners ready to move. If your listing is just sitting without much activity, it is time to take a hard look at what you’re doing wrong and make changes!