Friday, August 19, 2022 / by Kenneth Brands
Just because your budget is feeling the pinch with rising food and energy costs doesn’t mean your style has to suffer. Ditch the big investment purchase ideas and try some simple updates that will change the look and feel of any room quickly and for a lot less than a new couch.
Five Affordable Updates To Do This Weekend
1. DIY Pastel Art – Freshen up your room with pastels without the big investment. Take a simple canvas from the craft store, prime it with white paint and add color. Simple and sleek.
2. Industrial Retro Lighting – New light fixtures are a simple way to update a room. A local big box retailer will offer cost-effective versions of the latest trends.
3. White Sofa – No need to buy a new sofa when a fresh slipcover will do; bright, clean, and easy to change when the cooler months come.
4. Boho Accents – Mix up your style with some boho accents, such as a Turkish rug runner or kilim ! ...
biggs realty, dallas real estate, home buyers, tips for buyers, tips for sellers, dfw real estate, frisco home values, mckinney home sales, new home buyers, allen real estate, plan of action for home buyers, north texas home sales, resources, dallas-fort worth real estate, listing agent, real estate investment, dallas home sales, mortgage rates, millennial home buyers, listing, affordability, inflation, interior design trends, real estate design trends, updating your home
Sunday, July 25, 2021 / by Kenneth Brands
Interior design has a fresh look! After years of subtle trend changes, this years' style gets a complete makeover. Spaces are being lightened, softened, and eclectic merging of styles encouraged. If you’re ready for a change, the good news is... almost anything goes! Find the trend that suits you and experiment with new textures, colors, and styles!
1. Home Office – Not surprisingly, homeowners are carving out specified office and workspace.
2. Separated Rooms – The open floorplans are not exactly gone, but new designs are separating spaces into separate areas.
3. Houseplants and Indoor Gardens – Herb gardens and houseplants offer a soothing, natural environment.
4. Rattan – Natural materials are having a huge moment and rattan furniture and accents are everywhere.
5. Wood Grain – Furniture and cabinets with strong wood grain warm up living and kitchen areas.
6. Playgrounds – Backyard playgrounds have been taken to the next lev. ...
interior design trends, new home buyers, real estate design trends, updating your home