Thursday, August 19, 2021 / by Kenneth Brands
There’s a common misconception that younger generations aren’t interested in homeownership. Many people point to the fact that millennials put off purchasing their first home as a reason for this belief.
Odeta Kushi, Deputy Chief Economist for First American, explains why millennials have put off certain milestones linked to homeownership. Those delays led to their homeownership rates trailing slightly behind older generations:
“Historically, millennials have delayed the critical lifestyle choices often linked to buying a first home, including getting married and having children, in order to further their education. This is clear in cross-generational comparisons of homeownership rates which show millennials lagging their generational predecessors.”
So, it’s partially true that some millennials have waited on homeownership to focus on other things in their lives – and that’s impacting certain! ...
Sunday, July 25, 2021 / by Kenneth Brands
Interior design has a fresh look! After years of subtle trend changes, this years' style gets a complete makeover. Spaces are being lightened, softened, and eclectic merging of styles encouraged. If you’re ready for a change, the good news is... almost anything goes! Find the trend that suits you and experiment with new textures, colors, and styles!
1. Home Office – Not surprisingly, homeowners are carving out specified office and workspace.
2. Separated Rooms – The open floorplans are not exactly gone, but new designs are separating spaces into separate areas.
3. Houseplants and Indoor Gardens – Herb gardens and houseplants offer a soothing, natural environment.
4. Rattan – Natural materials are having a huge moment and rattan furniture and accents are everywhere.
5. Wood Grain – Furniture and cabinets with strong wood grain warm up living and kitchen areas.
6. Playgrounds – Backyard playgrounds have been taken to the next lev. ...